Summer once again! I just can´t help but love this season in Madrid. Every now and then I get the inspiration, and write my insights of how much I like the summer time in this wonderful city. Here are some of these year´s highlights for a perfect summer day, hope you enjoy them.
- Summer is bright and full of light, so your day can be stretched as much as you like, you can mix your Spanish tuition in the mornings, with a nice walk and a pic-nic in a park, say Parque del retiro or Parque del Oeste . Just make sure to pick a spot in the shade and as close to a fountain or pond as you can because you might get a little too warm.
- After lunch when temperature raise way to high, the best option to keep cool and fresh is going to a pool, there are many public pools in Madrid located close to metro stations, so go for a swim! One of my favourites is the one located close to Saiz the Baranda ; a world tournament took place there, so the pool is massive with grass and trees around… perfect for a fresh nap. The fees are usually under 6€. So it`s a very refreshing option for the warm July-August afternoons.
- Then the perfect plan for late afternoon is some shopping… get out there and enjoy the summer sales, you´ll find great garments at amazing prices… you can go high street shopping to streets such as Gran Via, which has breathtaking architecture. But if you rather go to a mall I will go to Principe Pio shopping centre, as its location is very convenient in town.
- For a good end of the day I recommend walking by the Madrid Rio and envoy the outstanding views of the Cathedral and Royal Palace form there, you will love it!
- If you still have energy for a drink… I must let you know about a cool place to chill out, is called Terraza Atenas, the curious thing about this one is that you literally have your drinks in the middle of a park.